Michael Freire is a seasoned Comp&Ben leader with more than thirty years of Human Resources experience including a decade of HR business partnering in manufacturing. He has worked with both Emerging and Developed Markets in EMEA and the Americas, and for twenty years has been accountable for delivering comp&ben solutions at the corporate, region and country levels at large multi-national companies.
Linking Award and Engagement:
Michael believes that total rewards solutions must be market-competitive, cost-effective and reinforce desired behaviors. He has a particular interest in the role company culture and values play in engaging employees to deliver business outcomes.
- Oberlin College (USA), BA, Government & Latin American Studies
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), MA, Latin American Studies
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), MS cand. (abt), Sociology
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA), MS cand., Industrial Relations
Expertise in the Area of:
- C&B design and business strategy linkages
- Competitive positioning (developed and developing markets)
- Executive compensation (US and European environments)
- Critical Talent management
- Broad-based and Sales incentive program design
- M&A integration (with a particular focus on integrating US and European entities)
- Global mobility
- Director Total Rewards – Eastern & Southern Europe, Middle East & North Africa and Turkey (Johnson & Johnson EMEA)
- Director C&B - Europe (Kraft Foods Europe)
- Director Compensation - International & Global Supply Chain (Kraft Foods Global)
- Associate Director Compensation - Corporate Functions, Global Mobility and Compensation Operations and Systems (Kraft Foods Global)
- Manufacturing HRBP / Labor Relations manager (Kraft Foods North America)
It's Time to
Do Comp&Ben Right
Need More Information?
Check our approach and find out what sets us apart from our competitors.
Everything you wanted to know about Comp&Ben... but were afraid to ask.